Reassigned Time Procedures for Grants Administered at the Research Foundation
If you are a faculty member of Baruch College and have reassigned time budgeted in your grant award you must follow the instructions below.
Procedures on How To Charge Your Grant Award
1. Notify the SPAR Office before your course reassignment takes effect.
- Principal Investigator’s name
- RF account number/project number of the grant
- The name of the faculty member whose time is being claimed
- The salary charged to the grant (this information would be in the grant award budget)
- The semester (Fall: 9/1-1/15 or Spring: 1/16-5/31) that the course reassignment will be taken
- The percentage of Effort should be 16.67% for each course reassigned
- List the faculty member’s name and annual salary for the calendar year (January 1 to December 31)
- Show the computation of the staff effort allocated to the grant:
|(Annual Salary / Months Worked in a Year)||Time Period of Reassigned Time||Charge + Cost Share Amount|
Example: If one course is reassigned
Example: If four courses are reassigned
3. Submit the Staff Effort Notice to the SPAR Office for signature.
4. Upon receipt, the SPAR Office will send the form to Victor Sekelsky at the Research Foundation to charge the reassigned time cost to your award.
Online Effort Certification Personnel Activity Report (PAR)
After you have taken your course reassignment, you will receive an email from the Research Foundation informing you Reassigned Time Effort Certification is due.
Please click on the following link for instructions: Online Effort Certification.