The Federal Government has mandated that any organization that is a federal contractor must use the E-Verify program, which verifies the documents that are used to establish identity and employment eligibility, beginning January 15, 2009. The Research Foundation and CUNY are federal contractors and are enrolled in the program. E-Verification must be done by the third calendar day from a new hire’s actual first day of work, just like the I-9. There are no exceptions to this requirement.
- E-mail reminders to approve timesheets will no longer be sent to project directors.
- Please make sure that your timesheet is submitted at least one day before it is due at the Research Foundation.
- Contact your project director via email or phone to inform them that your timesheet is ready for their approval and submission to the Research Foundation.
- Your supervisor must approve all timesheets no later than 5 pm on the due date.
Resources and Information
The resources and information below are for grants or office accounts administered by the Research Foundation. The Research Foundation on-boarding process for new and rehires are fully online and are accessible at RF On-Boarding
New Employee Resources and Information:
- Instructions for Viewing Electronic Pay Stubs
- Employee Electronic Timesheets Manual
- Supervisors Submitting Employee Electronic Timesheets
- E-PAF Salary Calculator Tool
- Background Check Authorization Requirement
- Foreign Students Information
- H-1B/1 Processing Information
General Employee Resources and Information:
- Request for Annual Leave Payout
- Retroactive Timesheets
- Employment Verification Request Form
- Employee Payroll/Functional Titles List
- Employee Benefits Overview Information Webpage
- Employee Policies and Procedures
- Missing a Paycheck? Information
- Employee Certification for Stop Payment
- Research Assistant Pay Rates
- MTA Payroll Tax
- Download Other Employee Forms
Last updated: 9/25/2020