RF Non Employee Payments
Research Foundation Non-Employee Payment
If you have funds administered by the Research Foundation and need to pay individuals who are not employees such as consultants and speaker honorariums, please review the following instructions.
Instructions on how to pay non-employees:
- You will need to submit a Memorandum of Understanding (for total payments under $5,000) OR an Independent Contractor’s Agreement (for total payments at or above $5,000)
- The individual must submit an IRS W-9 form.
- The individual must submit a signed original invoice for payment. This invoice template is available for use or as a guide.
- The invoice should not use an hourly rate. Non-employees must use daily, monthly, or per task rates.
- The individual must provide a listing of clients, if any, and a current resume.
- The project director must provide a scope of work of the tasks to be performed by the individual and complete a RF payment request form (this can be obtained at the SPAR Office).
- All of the above documents must be sent either to the SPAR Office (Box J-1010) or the Research Foundation at 230 W41st Street, NY, NY 10036.
If you have any questions, please contact the SPAR Office at 646-312-2205.
Last Updated: 10/7/11