PSC CUNY Research Award Competition
The Professional Staff Congress-City University of New York (PSC-CUNY) Research Award Program was established as a major vehicle for the University’s encouragement and support of faculty research and to leverage external funding. It seeks to enhance the University’s role as a research institution, to further the professional growth and development of its faculty, and to provide support for both the established and the younger scholar. Awards are distributed by the University Committee on Research Awards, a faculty committee, and administered by the Research Foundation of CUNY. Preference is given to junior faculty in the allocation of funds.
Deadlines for PSC-CUNY Round 52:
- The application submission deadline for all application types (Traditional A, Traditional B, and Enhanced) is December 15, 2020
- Award notification (Traditional A and Traditional B applications) is April 15, 2021
- Award notification (Enhanced applications) is May 17, 2021
Types of Awards
Traditional A and B Awards
In order to maximize opportunities for funding, approximately 75-80 percent of the funds are available for these two categories:
- Traditional A Awards: a maximum of $3,500 may be requested. Please note that Traditional A Awards will not support requests for reassigned time.
- Traditional B Awards: a maximum of $6,000 may be requested.
Traditional A and B Award applications are subject to review only by the discipline-based Review Panel to which they are submitted.
The Review Panels are not permitted to modify budget proposals; successful applications will be fully funded. Appropriateness and relevance of the budget to the proposal, therefore, is an important review criterion.
As part of the three-year pilot program, the University and the Union identified new sources of funding to support up to 40 Enhanced Awards a year. In this category, which is expected to be the most competitive, a maximum of $12,000 may be requested. Applications for Enhanced Awards should be for significant scholarly or creative projects that require more than $6,000 to be successfully completed.
Applications in this category must include a detailed Budget Justification. Successful applications will be fully funded; therefore the reviewers will seriously consider the appropriateness of the Budget and the Budget Justification. Enhanced Award applications will receive two expert reviews in addition to the review conducted by the discipline-based panel to which they are submitted. Please note that applicants for Enhanced Awards may submit names of people whom they would not recommend as reviewers of their proposals.
PSC Award Program Staff
- Aleksandra Cataruzolo, Program Administrator, 212-417-8464
- Marek Bugaj, Senior Administrative Assistant212-417-8475
- Margie Louie, Assistant Program Administrator, 212-417-8474
Last updated: 9/15/2020