Baruch Procedures for Using Grant Awards at the Research Foundation
Certified Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprise (M/WBE)
The following websites may be utilized for purposes of meeting the requirements of the established of the New York State minority and certified women-owned business enterprises over the term of your grant.
Procedures for Purchasing Equipment
All equipment purchased using grant funds remains the property of the City University of New York. If you are terminated from Baruch College of CUNY and are not transferred to another CUNY institution, the equipment remains at Baruch College as the property of CUNY. All Baruch faculty recipients must adhere to the following procedures for Purchasing Equipment (i.e., computers, laboratory equipment):
ALL FORMS CAN BE OBTAINED AND MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE SPAR OFFICE FOR PROCESSING!
For Single Equipment Under $5,000
You may purchase the equipment either out of pocket or by using a purchase order (Small Order form).
OPTION 1: You incur the cost and then request reimbursement from the grant. Since the Research Foundation is exempt from sales tax in NY State, if you are charged sales tax, your reimbursement will be reduced by the amount of sales tax charged.
- Provide the vendor with a copy of the Research Foundation’s tax exemption form—available at the SPAR office.
- Purchase the equipment from the vendor and obtain proof of purchase. (Until further notice, laptops can be delivered to your home address)
- Complete an e-Payment Request at https://www.rfcuny.org/WebProcurement/paymentrequest/ along with proof of payment (receipt, copy of online credit card transaction), and proof of delivery (packing slip). A check will be issued to you and the grant charged accordingly. Please note that the reimbursement process may take up to 2-3 weeks.
OPTION 2: You do not incur any out of the pocket expense. A check will be issued to the vendor and the grant charged accordingly. If the vendor charges sales tax, the payment will be reduced by the sales tax charged.
- If the vendor accepts purchase orders, submit a completed Small Order form along with a copy of the quote to the vendor. A Small Order form is a purchase order form used for making purchases under $5,000. (Until further notice, laptops can be delivered to your home address) However, you should put your department address as the “Invoice To” address.)
- After receiving your order, Complete an e-Payment Request at https://www.rfcuny.org/WebProcurement/paymentrequest/ along with the invoice. Please note that the payment process may take up to 2-3 weeks.
If the equipment is purchased with grant funds, it is CUNY property. As such, it must be tagged (cataloged) by BCTC for tracking purposes. Regardless of which option you select, the computer must be delivered to the college.
For Single Equipment Over $5,000
All equipment purchases over $5,000 must follow the steps below.
- Complete a Purchase Requisition to be submitted to the Research Foundation to begin processing the order. (All equipment must be delivered to your attention at Baruch College’s Receiving and Stores at 152 E 26th Street – Room 150, NY, NY 10010. However, you should use your department address as the “Invoice To” address.)
- After receiving your order, submit a completed Payment Request form issued to the vendor to the SPAR Office with the vendor’s invoice, the receiving copy of the Purchase Requisition form, and the packing slip (proof of delivery). Please note that the payment process may take up to 2-3 weeks.
If the equipment is purchased with grant funds, it becomes CUNY property. As such, it must be tagged (cataloged) by BCTC for tracking purposes before any payment/reimbursement is issued.
CUNY has agreements with manufacturers like Dell and Apple. You may order from their Higher Ed site to get the best pricing, however, you are not limited to these vendors.
Terri Lehenbauer, Inside Account Manager
Please email Small Order Form and quote to Terri_Lehenbauer@dell.com
David Koffskey, Inside Account Executive
Website: Apple Higher Education Store – Baruch
(click on “Create Quote”, choose your school, add product(s) to your cart, click “Continue” and then “Create Proposal”. A completed Small Order form and quote should be faxed or emailed to David Koffskey for processing)
For education tech support call: 800-800-2775, option 3
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Research Foundation’s purchasing procedures, please contact Tara Smith at 646-312-2204 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Zolicia Abotsi at 646-312-2211 or email@example.com.
Last Updated on 10/19/2020