Office of Sponsored Programs and Research (SPAR)
SPAR’s role is to facilitate and enhance the acquisition of external funding by Baruch faculty, staff, and administrators to support the College’s missions of research, teaching, and public service. SPAR works closely with the Research Foundation CUNY, the Baruch College Fund, and other College fiscal agents to ensure that awardees have ample administrative support during the funding period. The three main areas of service are pre-application planning, proposal preparation and submission, and post-award administration.
- Zolicia Abotsi, Director, ext. 2211
- Melisa Mendez, Deputy Director, ext. 2207
- Ana C. Alas Iglesias, Sponsored Programs Coordinator, ext. 2209
- Tara Smith, Faculty Liaison, Post-Award Administrator and Webmaster, ext. 2204
Baruch College Proposal Submission Policy
It is the policy of Baruch College, CUNY that a complete and final proposal package, accompanied by all necessary School approvals must be received by the Office of Sponsored Programs and Research (SPAR) at least five (5) full business days prior to the sponsor’s due date (or, for electronic submission, due time). This date is outlined by the sponsor in their RFP.
In the event that Baruch College internal deadlines are not met and SPAR has insufficient time for a minimal* review, the proposal will not be submitted.
A complete application must contain:
- Completed Internal Approval form
- Compliance documents (COI, RCR, IRB proof, where applicable)
- Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) link
- Complete Application Narrative & all other technical components of proposal
- Final Budget and Budget Narrative/Justification
Here is a link to complete policy Grant Submission Deadline Policy
Engage with us with Microsoft Teams!
All faculty members and staff should download and claim their MS Teams accounts at the CUNY Web Applications Login page, with your CUNYFirst login ID and password to be able to better engage with the Office of Sponsored Programs and Research. Need help? Find it here.
MS Teams allows you to:
- View staff availability.
- Call any SPAR staff member directly via Teams voice call.
- Conference call an individual or multiple people both inside and outside CUNY.
- Send a quick question in Teams chat for an instant response.
- Screen share for walk-through assistance.
Teams also allows SPAR to create a real-time centralized “Baruch-SPAR Research Faculty” Team that will serve as a repository for guidance, workshops, and research discussion topics.
Upon activation of your MS Teams account, SPAR will add you to this Team to allow you access.
Eye On Research Newsletter
Baruch College/CUNY Internal Funding Opportunities
|PSC-CUNY Research Award Program||Wednesday, December 15, 2021||PSC CUNY Guidelines|
Search for Grant Funding Opportunities!
All questions and comments about this website should be directed to the webmaster.
Last updated: 10/22/2020