Office of Sponsored Programs and Research (SPAR)
Baruch College Proposal Submission Policy
SPAR’s role is to facilitate and enhance the acquisition of external funding by Baruch faculty, staff, and administrators to support the College’s missions of research, teaching, and public service. SPAR works closely with the Research Foundation CUNY, the Baruch College Fund, and other College fiscal agents to ensure that awardees have ample administrative support during the funding period. The three main areas of service are pre-application planning, proposal preparation and submission, and post-award administration. The proposal submission policy guide is linked here.
Engage with us with Microsoft Teams!
All faculty members and staff should download and claim their MS Teams accounts at the CUNY Web Applications Login page, with your CUNYFirst login ID and password to be able to better engage with the Office of Sponsored Programs and Research. Need help? Find it here.
MS Teams allows you to:
- View staff availability.
- Call any SPAR staff member directly via Teams voice call.
- Conference call an individual or multiple people both inside and outside CUNY.
- Send a quick question in Teams chat for an instant response.
- Screen share for walk-through assistance.
Teams also allows SPAR to create a real-time centralized “Baruch-SPAR Research Faculty” Team that will serve as a repository for guidance, workshops, and research discussion topics.
Upon activation of your MS Teams account, SPAR will add you to this Team to allow you access.
Eye On Research Newsletter
- Zolicia Abotsi, Director, ext. 2211
- Melisa Mendez, Deputy Director, ext. 2207
- Ana C. Alas Iglesias, Sponsored Programs Coordinator, ext. 2209
- Tara Smith, Faculty Liaison, Post-Award Administrator and Webmaster, ext. 2204
Baruch College/CUNY Internal Funding Opportunities
Search for Grant Funding Opportunities!
All questions and comments about this website should be directed to the webmaster.
Last updated: 10/22/2020