RF New Employees
Necessary Steps Prior to SPAR Arrival
- PI must send an email to Tara Smith with the name(s), last 4 digits of SSN, date of birth, and email address(s) of the employee(s) before any paperwork completed or submitted.
- Tara informs the PI if a New Hire or Rehire process should be followed and initiates the electronic I-9 process
- The employee will receive an invitation from the “RF CUNY HR Department” to complete Section 1 of the I-9. Employee completes relevant paperwork and visits SPAR.
Section Two and E-Verification must be done by the third business day from a rehire/new hire’s actual first day of work. For example, if an employee’s start date is on a Thursday, we will have until the following Tuesday to complete section two of the I-9 and e-verification for the employee.
Employers You Can Use the E-PAF Salary Calculator Tool to determine the salaries of your employees!
- After obtaining your employer’s signature, you must submit the forms to the Office of Sponsored Programs & Research (SPAR) for initial funds verification and processing.
- SPAR will submit your forms to the Research Foundation to be fully processed. The duration of the processing of your forms at the RF can take up to 2 weeks — exceptions occur when paperwork is completed incorrectly, documents are missing or the Research Foundation requires more information.
- After your employment information is entered into the Research Foundation payroll system, both you and your employer will receive an e-mail from the Research Foundation.
- If you have any questions pertaining to your salary or employment period, please speak with your employer first before contacting the SPAR Office at 646-312-2205.
Last updated: 3/11/2019